For the first time since the “trade war” between US and China, China has issued two lists of 16 types of US goods that will be exempt from additional tariffs from September 17, 2019 through September 16, 2020. For the first list, affected import enterprises will be allowed to apply for refunds of duties collected within six months before Sept. 11. Goods on the second list won’t be eligible for tariff refunds, the Chinese Finance Ministry said.
Below are the lists of the types of goods exempt from the additional tariffs that were imposed.
- Other shrimp and prawn seedlings
- Aster meal and pellets
- Other purpura (except coarse powder and pellets)
- Fish meal for feed
- Lubricating oil
- Ring line, insecticidal ring, insecticidal nail, polythiane, etc. (including methylthiophosphorus, buprofezin, aspartate, indoxacarb)
- Decitabine, fluorouridine, cyclophosphamide, gefitinib, capecitabine, raltitrexed, fludarabine phosphate, fluoride, cytarabine hydrochloride, gemcitabine hydrochloride, ectinib hydrochloride, ifosfamide
- Nonionic Organic Surfactant
- Mineral oil <70% lubricant
- Lubricants containing no petroleum or oils from bituminous minerals
- Medical linear accelerator
- Whey for feed (2%-7% by weight protein, 76%-88% lactose)
- Release agent (oil by weight and oil extracted from bitumen ≥70%)
- Isoparaffin solvent (early boiling point 225 ° C, flash point 92 ° C, density 0.79 g / cm3, viscosity 3.57mm2/s)
- Lubricating base oil (product viscosity at 100 degrees Celsius)
The official, untranslated announcement from China’s Ministry of Finance can be found here.