Air Freight Manager
Overview: Mallory Alexander International Logistics, a global third-party logistics company (3PL) headquartered in Memphis, TN has an immediate opening for an Air Freight Manager in our Atlanta office. The primary purpose is to direct activities of the air freight department by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and direct the flow of all air freight operations for the branch including the supervision, support and coaching of clerical staff
- Develop, implement and continuously enhance air freight operational procedures
- Map company process flows and continuously review to identify efficiency gains
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods in accordance with regulatory requirements and customer needs
- Establish and manage relationships with origin counterparts and destination partners
- Strategically grow a network of air carriers
- Lead negotiation of rates and contracts with air carriers
- Communicate and follow up with customers regarding complaints, questions, and other special instructions.
- Stay current with developments and changes in applicable laws, regulations and other government requirements
- Coordinate destination delivery or storage arrangements with Foreign Agent Network
- Assist in the recruitment, onboarding and continuous development of best-in-class air import/export talent including performance management, recognition and engagement
- 5+ years of air freight forwarding experience
- 2+ years of management or supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of applicable TSA requirements, laws, regulations and other government requirements
- Results-oriented with the drive to grow an international air freight forwarding business
- Strong analytical skills with a systematic problem-solving approach
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and CargoWise
Benefits: Mallory Alexander proudly offers its regular full-time employees a robust welfare plan including medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, and short/long term disability insurance. Regular full-time employees are also eligible to participate in a retirement plan and accrue paid time off after meeting applicable service requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pre-employment drug screen is required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com