China tightened restrictions on exports of masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) on Friday, calling for shipments of the items to be subjected to a mandatory customs inspection, with immediate effect.
The regulations published on Friday, from China’s customs agency, require companies manufacturing PPE for export to submit extra documentation and go through a government-led inspection process. This month, authorities established rules requiring mask exporters to provide documentation ensuring their products are registered to be sold in China, and also meet the relevant regulatory standards in the destination country.
The commodities included with their respective China export tariff codes are:
- Medical Mask – 6307900010
- Medical Isolation Gown – 6210103010 and 3926209000
- Infrared Temperature Instrument – 9025199010
- Ventilator – 9019200010 and 9019200090
- Surgical Cap – 6505009900
- Medical Goggles – 9004909000
- Medical Gloves – 3926201100, 3926201900, 4015110000 and 4015190000
- Medical Show Cover – 6307900090, 3926909090 and 4016999090
- Patient Monitor – 9018193010
- Medical Disinfectant Towel – 3005901000 and 3005909000
- Medical Disinfectant – 3808940010
Source: Mallory Alexander Asia-Pacific and U.S. News